burda talbot runhoff dress
DIY

DIY fashion | Talbot Runhof meets Africa

It’s full blown autumn here in the Netherlands, and even though I love fall fashion I can’t help but miss the summer. This outfit is my way of looking back, and longing for the summer that’s long gone.

I’ve used the Burda 12/2013 #130 pattern to make this dress. It’s a pattern from the German design duo Talbot Runhof. A gorgeous dress that immediately stood out to me because of the unusual silhouette of the skirt. A dress that was bound to look fabulous in an African print, so I went ahead a sewed it.

Unlike you might think, this dress consist of one piece. A fitted bodice that’s attached to a box pleated skirt, and a loose fitted crop top on top with a split in the back. The fitted bodice is also lined, so it comes to a total of three layers of fabric for the bodice. For the type of fabric I used for this dress, wax cotton Ankara fabric, there actually was no need for a lining. The bodice became a bit bulky. Also the process of attaching a facing is pretty straight forward, but sewing three layers is a whole different tedious ballgame which doesn’t do much good to your mood, I can tell you that. If I ever was to sew this pattern again I would definitely omit the lining. Other than that the pattern wasn’t that hard to sew. I could have done a better job in lining up the print, but nevertheless I’m really liking the result.

 

talbot-runhoff-meets-africa2

talbot-runhoff-meets-africa1

burda talbot runhoff dress

burda talbot runhoff dress

burda talbot runhoff dress

talbot-runhoff-meets-africa4

talbot-runhoff-meets-africa0

 

With love, Brenda

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on Twittershare on TumblrGoogle+Email to someone

Leave a Reply